Role: Sales & Marketing Executive
To coordinate, manage and support the daily marketing functions and initiatives within the company, identifying new customers and business opportunities for MILK POWDER within the EAC and COMESA markets.
- Plan and implement an annual powder milk marketing plan covering EAC and COMESA trade areas; regularly updating the management team on the progress
- Management and accuracy of CRM and ongoing development for ongoing sales and business expansion
- Increase sales through the identification and cultivation of powder milk customers
- Develop a detailed database of potential new customers / clients for the business
- Upkeep and validation of powder milk sales pipelines in Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia and Sudan
- Analysis and Feedback of sales performance
- Carry Out analysis of the overall competitive EAC and COMESA landscape identifying key markets and trends
- Maintain comprehensive records and analysis on all sales and marketing activities
- Maintain a file on key competitor marketing activities
- Maintain sales and payment records of all customers, follow up on credit sales, ensure timely payment of credit sales, debt aging analysis and debt recovery
- Set sales targets and take responsibility for critical Sales KPI’s
- Determines annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products; analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
- Accomplishes marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade
- programs; developing field sales action plans.
- Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor’s share, and competitor’s strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
- Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; improving product packaging; coordinating new product development.
- Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Skills and Qualifications:
Financial Planning and Strategy, Marketing Concepts, Positioning, People Management, Territory Management, Sales Planning, Competitive Analysis, Understanding the Customer, Product Development, Client Relationships, Creative Services
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sales, Business Commerce or Business Administration.
- Chartered Institute of Marketing Member with a Chartered Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing – an advantage
- Significant level of relevant experience (at least 5 to 10 years) in sales and marketing of dairy products including supervisory experience
- Experience in sales of milk powder within EAC – preferred
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply through the www.nftconsult.com website