HOW TO USE MANGO BUTTER:
What is Mango Butter?
Mango butter is a type of body butter made from mango seed (a.k.a. the pit). It’s similar to shea and cocoa butter but is rather more light and moisturizing without being greasy and is not as strongly scented as the others. As strange as it sounds, this butter has alot to offer to your skin and hair as seen below;
1. Mango Butter can be blended with a natural carrier oil such as Jojoba or argan or Jamaican black castor oil to apply on hair for growth and volume.
2. To prevent stretch marks with Mango Butter, combine it with equal parts of Coconut Carrier Oil or Vitamin E oil and massage it onto the affected areas.
3. To reduce the appearance of blemishes and dark spots on the face just add Mango Butter to your regular moisturizer.
4. Mango butter can be made into a spot treatment balm by combining 2 Tbsp. of Mango Butter, ½ tsp. of Rose Essential Oil, and ¼ tsp. Vitamin E oil inside a jar, then mix the ingredients evenly. To this mixture, add 3 drops of Lavender Essential Oil and 3 drops of teatree Essential Oil to enhance the balm’s effectiveness in healing blemishes. Apply this balm to the affected areas of skin for scars, dark spots, etc.
5. Used in hair, Mango Butter locks in moisture, nourishes the scalp, and prevents hair loss.
To create a conditioning Mango Butter blend that controls dandruff, dryness, and itchiness, mix 1 Tbsp. of Mango Butter with 5 drops of Rosemary Essential Oil. Gently massage the blend into the scalp, then wrap the hair with a warm towel for 1 hour to allow it to penetrate into the scalp. Rinse the hair with a mild shampoo.
6. For a moisturizing leave-in conditioner that is especially beneficial for thick or hard hair, melt ¼ cup of Mango Butter, Next, stir in 1 tsp. Avocado Carrier Oil, 2 tsp. Aloe Vera Gel, and 10 drops Lavender Essential Oil. Pour this mixture into a blender and, before turning it on, place the blending jar into the refrigerator for 15 minutes until the mixture has hardened. Next, blend the mixture until it reaches a creamy texture. This blend can be stored in a mason jar and applied to only the ends of damp hair, rather than the scalp.
7. Mango Butter eases tension, fatigue, and muscle aches, simply add to it a few drops of aromatherapy oils of your choice and massage allover the body.
8. Applied directly to the skin, Mango Butter’s emollience helps promote cell regeneration on ageing skin, which maintains the appearance of youthful skin and prevents wrinkles and worry lines on the face.
9. Mango Butter can be applied directly to skin to soothe the symptoms of eczema, psoriasis, rashes, minor wounds, frost bite, and insect bites.
10. To calm sunburned skin with Mango Butter, melt 2 Tbsp. Mango Butter, then thoroughly mix in 2 tsp. Aloe Vera Gel. Next, add 3 drops clove essential Oil and 3 drops Peppermint Essential Oil. Refrigerate this blend for 15 minutes before whipping it with a hand mixer until it reaches a creamy texture. Gently massage this mix onto sunburned or otherwise damaged skin. To properly store this balm, keep it in a cool, dark, dry place.
11. To reduce the appearance of scars with the aid of Mango Butter, a scar balm can be made by first thoroughly melting together 2 Tbsp. Mango Butter, 2 Tbsp. Shea Butter, and 2 Tbsp. Cocoa Butter, Next stir in 7 drops Lavender Essential Oil, 7 drops of Vitamin E Oil, and 4 drops Carrot Oil. Gently massage this mix onto areas of skin affected by scars. To properly store this balm, keep it in a lidded glass jar in a cool, dark, dry place.
12. To facilitate the healing of wounds with the aid of Mango Butter, it can be made into a soothing salve. First, melt 2 Tbsp. of Mango Butter with equal amounts of Beeswax and Coconut Carrier Oil, then add 5 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil. Pour this blend into a lidded glass jar and allow it to cool and harden before gently applying it to minor wounds. To properly store this balm, keep it in a cool, dark, dry place.
PRICE TAG: Ugx 60,000
*Vintage Herbals* | Shop No. 46| Grand Imperial Hotel Shopping Mall | Kampala, Uganda | +256 782 312 190 | +256 751 646 179 | +256 772 644 349 |
*Vintage Herbals…for Skin Care, Hair Care, Weight Management, Sexual Vitality & Nutrition*