JOB ADVERT – BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER, TRADE FINANCE
The following vacancy exits within the Corporate Department at a local bank in Uganda. Competent and highly motivated individuals who meet the qualifications and experience detailed herein are encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the Trade Finance Manager, the candidate will be responsible for Identifying and under taking business development activities for the bank’s trade Finance proposition, manage and grow existing Trade Finance customer relationships for sustainable portfolio growth and support Corporate, SME and Branch based sales team in structuring of Trade Finance deals.
1. Conduct trainings and embed product knowledge across sales teams for easy cross-selling and appreciation of Trade products.
2. Develop and maintain a reliable portfolio of Trade customers for a focused growth strategy.
3. Business development – managing and retaining existing relationships and generating new business in the assigned market segments by providing Trade Finance solutions. This will include increasing the customer base, growth in trade balance sheet and offbalance sheet (agreed targets), increased facility utilization, identifying new market/developing trade opportunities and actively cross-sell other bank products and services.
4. Drive engagement and partnership with key stakeholders to facilitate growth of trade finance business
5. Deliver agreed product and income targets to enhance growth of the Trade Finance proposition
6. Offer technical and product based support to sales team as part of continuous capability building to manage and grow trade business across the network.
7. Constantly review the Bank’s Trade revenue collection in order to ensure all income
8. Leakages are closed
9. Identify and follow up business leads, including but not limited to Credit approval, and disbursement within agreed Service standards.
10. Any other duties as may be allocated from time to time.
In order to be considered for this position, the applicant should possess the following qualities:
Experience/ Key competencies
Hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university majoring in Economics, International Business, Business Administration or a related field
Holders of professional banking qualification e.g. ACCA or MBA and/ or qualifications in Trade Finance will have an added advantage
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Management
Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in general bank operations
Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Sales and customer service
Demonstrate a track record in leading the attainment of organizational goals
Have excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with the ability to network, develop strong business relations and build effective teams
Interested applicants should submit their CVs to email@example.com